The quality of care varies, and we have established a nine star standard as follows:
1. A stable and accommodating environment that is loving and nurturing; staffed by regular and attentive caregivers.
2. A comprehensive wellness program that provides appropriate nutrition and health care.
3. Access to education and vocational training.
4. Counseling and mentorship from a qualified adult.
5. Adequate safety and child protection protocols.
6. Respectful and dignified treatment of children.
7. The option to live with a suitable family.
8. Orientation to spiritual principles and age appropriate practices.
9. Opportunity to thrive.